Holly Bluff Marina Employment Opportunity
Position: Grounds Maintenance
Status: Full Time (40 hours per week)
This position is responsible for maintaining grounds of Holly Bluff Marina and other onsite duties as needed. This is a manual labor position.
- Perform landscaping tasks such as mowing, trimming and edging, pruning, weeding, fertilizing and raking.
- Clean grounds and remove litter from grounds and parking areas.
- Plant and water flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Repair structures such as fences and walkways.
- Paint docks and other surface areas.
- Pressure wash boats.
- Sweep shop and remove trash.
- Assist marine technicians with various tasks.
- Operate various motorized equipment such as mowing equipment, forklift, pressure washing equipment, etc.
- Attend work promptly and regularly.
- Perform related work as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training, including experience in landscape maintenance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred, but employer will provide certification training course to the right candidate on our equipment.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to use lawn maintenance related tools, methods, materials and equipment.
- Ability to communicate in English and follow instructions furnished in written and oral format.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks under limited supervision.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than one hundred (100) pounds.
Employee encounters the following while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee regularly works outside and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and adverse weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibration and loud noise. The employee occasionally works in precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes/chemicals or airborne particles such as dust, pollen, etc.; and risk of electrical shock.
Hours Per Week: 8:30am – 5pm, Monday- Friday (40 hours per week)
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Pay: $13.00 per hour